Monday, December 31, 2012

There is a limit

Isaiah 30:13

13 calamity will come upon you suddenly—
like a bulging wall that bursts and falls.
In an instant it will collapse
and come crashing down.


As I did my qt today from Isaiah 30 to 32, this verse struck me the most. God gave me a picture of a dam, even though it's meant to keep in water on one side, it will burst when too much pressure is applied. And what spoke to me was that this applies not only in my individual life, but also our couple life as well.

Constantly, we keep falling into lust and God has such tremendous grace to forgive us and cleanse us, but I feel that this verse is saying that we should not push out limits too far because God is really hurt to see us like this.

Individually, I have also been far from God, and I do not want to suffer any consequences from God's wrath. That is why I want to start this year right with him.

Another of my new year's resolution this year is to spend AT LEAST 15min everyday with God, no matter how tired I feel. Let's face it, 15min a day is really not a lot.

Let's make 2013 the year we beat lust ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment