Monday, September 10, 2012

I don't wanna be a judge

Isaiah 26:9 and 11

9 All night long I search for you;
in the morning I earnestly seek for God.
For only when you come to judge the earth
will people learn what is right.


11 O Lord, they pay no attention to your upraised fist.
Show them your eagerness to defend your people.
Then they will be ashamed.
Let your fire consume your enemies.


These 2 verses spoke to me. I believe God is saying that no matter how many times people try to mock or ridicule our religion or the things we do, I believe that as long as God has put the desire in our hearts, and as long as we do not do it out of selfishness, we will be rewarded richly in heaven. Although by standing firm in our beliefs might cause more retaliation from people, I feel that when judgement day comes, these people will be dealt with accordingly.

And in verse 11, it affirms what was said in verse 9. God, speaking through Isaiah, will defend us. In order for God to EAGERLY defend us, we must first show Him that we are worth fighting for. Therefore, we have to stand firmly when we are speaking up for ourselves or for God. Do not let other beliefs or criticism compromise our faith. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment