Thursday, June 9, 2011

No judging please!

Before I started my qt today, I was just reminded of how David spared Saul's life not once but twice in 1 Sam. I mean, here is a king sending everyone out to bring David back dead or alive, yet, when David had 2 clear opportunities to behead Saul, he didn't! How noble is David! I'll never forget the reason David gave,

1 Sam 26:9
9 “No!” David said. “Don’t kill him. For who can remain innocent after attacking the Lord’s anointed one?


It constantly made me realised that I should stop judging people, especially when it comes to commenting on drummers on the worship stage.
who am I to judge who is good enough to serve God when they are the ones who initiated in the first place

Now, to my qt today. 2 Sam 1-3

hmmm, basically, Saul's army (soldiers in Israel) led by Abner was going to war with David's army (soldiers from Judah) led by Joab. And from what I read today, the fights were initiated generally by the commands of Abner and Joab. If they said fight, means fight. If they said rest, means rest. If they said only let 12 men fight, means only 12 men fight (2:15).

It just made me wonder, here are 2 men with the control of the armies, and they could have easily prevented bloodshed if they had decided not to fight. I felt Joab was not in keeping with David's belief of sparing 'the Lord's anointed' since Joab defeated the Israelites later. He could have just walked away from battle when he met Abner or just simply reject Abner's war proposal.
It also made me thought of another question, am I submitting enough to my leaders/elders/parents? Or am I jsut turning a deaf ear to them like what Joab did to David's advice?

hmmmmm...something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment